I’ve made this a few times now, and everyone who has tried it has said they loved it. I have made it both in a spring form pan and in a square glass baking dish. In both cases, I line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the sides with butter, so I don’t have to worry about it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- About 115g of unsweet baking chocolate (I say about because when I measure the squares I may add 5-15g because of the size of the squares.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 cup sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you like your chocolate. I am a big fan of dark chocolate, so I find this is enough sugar).
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat over to 300.
- Take the first set of ingredients (baking chocolate, butter, sugar) and melt them in a double boiler. I just use a glass bowl inside my stovetop steamer with the lid off.
- Take the last group of ingredients (sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla) and put them in the stand mixer (or use handheld mixer). Mix and them whip them for 2 minutes (I use high speed on my stand mixer).
- Mix the melted chocolate from step 1, into the mix from step 2.
- Pour into baking dish (see note about parchment paper above).
- Bake 30 minutes at 300.
Great both warm and cold. I prefer it slightly warm – I reheat pieces in the microwave for 5 seconds.