Ok, so not exactly Green Eggs and Ham, but we have another recipe for you.
We eat oatmeal every morning, but Becky often finds that it doesn’t provide her
with enough protein. To supplement the oatmeal, whenever possible, we also
have eggs for breakfast. Here is our favourite recipe. The curry powder adds
and extra zing, and with the variation in curry powders, and the small
amounts we buy, it always tastes a bit different.
1/2 onion (yellow sweet is best, purple also works well)
1 small zucchini (optional)
1 teaspoon curry powder
1. Chop onion into small pieces.
2. Add onion, olive oil, salt, and curry powder to the frying pan. The
amount of oil you need depends upon whether or not you have a no-stick pan.
Be a little generous with the amount, as it makes the onion sweeter.
3. Chop zucchini into 1 cm squares – and set aside.
4. Start cooking the onions – if you can simmer on your stove, then cook
them slowly, to bring out the sweetness.
5. When the onions are clear, add zucchini and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Crack eggs directly into frying pan, then quickly stir to scramble them.
7. Keep stirring as the eggs cook to prevent burning. Cook until they are
the texture you like.
Feeds two hungry cyclists in combination with oatmeal.